Thursday, August 02, 2007

My colleague Elaine left our organization to pursue her dreams in Shanghai.

I drew this for her after her new haircut.


It wasn't something new or unexpected cos she had this intention in the first place after staying 1 mth in govt body. It was the pace and the non-value added tasks she was asked to do. She was not quite a task-driven person but rather a person who was more motivated in seeing things built and done and results seen after meetings/discussions.

Not only a loyal lunch-mate, she was one of the best colleagues I've met during my 6 years working life. She offered advices when I was moving house that time, and generously offered me an electric iron and a hairdryer for my moving in, understanding the financial difficulties I was facing that time.


btw the above are the gifts we bought for her as farewell.

Will miss her terribly.... hope to visit her in Shanghai soon. I've told her to reserve a bed for for me there just in case I come to visit.