Sunday, July 30, 2006

Changed my blog into "moonprodigy"

Yes, "moonflyer00" sounded so lame. I think I should close the illustrations comics website too (cos not much updates there)

Spent a week of work at the new place. It was an entirely new environment for me and I was to clock-in and out everyday. I had to make sure that I had fulfilled the 8 1/2 hrs per day (except for that 8 hrs on Friday) before making a move back home or to class.

Being a Planning Executive is a cross between a technical officer and a planner, which means I have to perform both duties at the same time. I happened to meet my senior, (Wei Ling, she was my senior back in Secondary School) in the new place but she's moving on to pursue a Masters in Public Adminstration in NUS and leaving in a couple of days time. She told me that the way to "survive" here is to have a positive attitude and never stop to ask people questions and consult the others whenever in doubt. No one is there to spoon feed you with information, you got to find them yourself. The system was made in such a way that staff should have no problem in looking up those answers in the intranet.


Of course, govt development plans are quite sensitive and confidential that we are all forced not to disclose any of these information to outsiders. We are also not allowed to leave our documents and drawings around unattended and being spot-checked randomly.


I felt like a prisoner cum spy now.



Well, here's a pic of my new colleagues and environment. My senior is the girl sitting down with the gift on her hand.



I'll be joining a new division that consists of small environmental improvement projects and overseas consultations. Of course, I'll not be posted overseas.

I'll describe more details next time as I'm quite shagged after a trip to JB on Sat.