Sunday, October 15, 2006

The problem of being in the wrong tutorial groupings

I was saddened by one of the group member's email that she dunno what she was supposed to write for her part and she requested me to write instead. In fact, I've already uploaded the reference, all she needs is to spend time to read and analyse.

Dear all,

I will be editing on my earlier portion. As my earlier email, can Ms Moon elaborate on the Trust Knowledge and Connected?

Guess we are all quite clear who should do what and in this group, there is no leader as we are all working together for a project. We will go through together for the power point presentation slide becoz its not one person entity. I will still discuss with Mr B on the executive summary portion.

pls use this file instead as i changed the names and added something.

regards,

Ms R


Obviously, she has been quite disturbed that I have asked the group and delegated the tasks evenly. Yet, she still believes in being the "BIG SISTER", being nice and sweet to the rests ( they were very close btw) and asking me to do her tasks. She did not seemed to push those group members who are slacking, not doing anything and I have whole-heartedly planned all the tasks, printed out the references and distributed them among ourselves. And she even says "There is no leader in our group.." it makes work so unproductive and everyone's waiting for things to happen...

Ms R, I dun believe in spoon-feeding. Pls stop sugar-coating yr words and cover up for yr bunch of slackers. Yes, this is a group and we shall be doing things together, but we need someone to do planning too. Or else the process will be too repetitive, 100% input, 20% output.. :(

I endured the fact that I was forced to join them this time round and I shall not group with them anymore.