Saturday, August 09, 2008

The new term's starting next week!


It's going to be my 4th year and final year! How time flies, 3 years back, I was in the dilemma of whether to take up this part-time course in NUS Real Estate, considered the time to travel to and fro, assignments, projects, exams...... which probably "eat up" most of my youth. I truly felt time was not wasted, just that not enough time to exercise, go out with friends/family or even meeting new friends.... but a little bit of everything still was good enough.

During these years, I keep thinking, is it really true that we are so busy that we do not spend enough time with our love ones and enjoying the moments of being alone? Truly, we have time to eat and sleep and even surf the net and blog. It all goes with proper time management which I start to pick up and learn these few years.

Took up kick-boxing class (well, not really "kick" boxing.... it was more like a low impact aerobics) in the Bukit Merah CC on Fridays. The instructor was really a funny guy, a little sissy type but full of humour. He kept picking on me when I got all the coordination wrong during the workout then he exclaimed to all, "Never mind, even you can't keep up with the rests, as long as you all have a GREAT WORKOUT , it's fine!!!"... I've always had problems keeping up with the music and moving along with my hands and legs, when it's time to lift up the right leg, I moved my left, kind of thing. I don't really lose much weight after the exercise but I enjoyed myself doing the exercise at least a week, felt so much less guilty after some heavy meals. At least it was more fun than running on the treadmill.

My cousin broke his leg during his PE lesson, when training for his shuttle-run. His nasty friends kind of challenged him over the bean-bag run, instead of breaking the record, he broke his leg! Had an operation which involved inserting the plates inside his leg, he had to stay at home at least 1 month after leaving the hospital. It was such a pity as my aunt had wanted us to go for Northern Eastern Japan trip in December and due to this unexpected incident, she had to postpone it.

Thus this time round, I've planned to travel to Hokkaido with KK and Evonne. Booked the tour package with CTC, 7 days hokkaido winter special for $2565 pax. Due to overwhelming response, our tour was overbooked where the agency asked us to shift to an earlier date which most of us can't. After some persuasion and explanation, we managed to keep the the same date. Well, this time round, taking Northwest Airline instead of SIA or ANA/JAL because of the heavy taxes imposed due to fuel surcharges. Not compromising good flying experience, A330 from Northwest I've heard was not bad either.

After note: My sis found a cyst in her womb which she suspected her experience in eating too many chicken wings while staying in the States. Does eating too many chicken wings cause cysts?
BTW, she was dead worried and cried when telling my aunt that she will be going for operation next week.