Sunday, August 31, 2008

Bowling for URA


Became an accidental representative for the MND Sports Event, Bowling Tournament on Friday. Perhaps the first time ever in a bowling competition. Took on this sport as a very waste money one because you are like throwing your money into the drain....

I have not bowled for years... can't even recall the last time I've touched a bowling ball. The other teams were all very strong, amateurs but played really really well with their custom-made balls, shoes and even hand-gears, made us in this event looking like calefares. It was even mentioned that they formed teams long time ago, took up training in the CSC club every Friday. To them, it was their passion and commitment, to us, it sounded like a chore. Guess we are less of the sporting type where work and family comes first.

Win or lose, we still have to put up a good show. Here's my team, consisting of 4 lovely ladies... all singles!!


The balls looked more like balloons than 10 lbs balls... but actually they are quite heavy when posing too long.

Yep, our team played pretty well, some strikes... hmm.. no "turkeys".. hopefully not last at least.


p.s: I still can't figure out which weight of the ball is more suitable for me, the 8 lbs or 9 lbs. One of my teammates mentioned that I tend to "skip" everytime I threw the ball.. which looked awkward. Hmm, bad habits die hard.. I din even realise it myself. =(