Thursday, December 07, 2006

very nasty thoughts..

I happened to see a person post this message "Hello, pls help me" in one of the forums I've visited. It was a message from a 20+ yr old boy asking for a job in 2D, 3D illustrations. He mentioned that he has just finished NS and without any cert but an O level only. On asking us to visit his blog, what amazed me is how he described himself;

"Very lazy but have passion on digital art, dreaming of one day to rule the world in the media industries meaning pro in animation , 3d and 2d , and also master in photoshop , can do anything with it."

This is pretty contradicting. If you are lazy, how would you have the passion on digital art? You are just building castles in the sky and dreaming of successing without hard work. Honestly, I think you are just a dreamer. In his blog, he kept complaining that he "drew until his eyes pain" when he looked at the screen for a very long time, as if he wants to get some compassionate marks from people. Perhaps, he just wants some kind soul to pat on his back, praise him on what he did or even give him a job.

Probably you would just relate me to the "Elite Girl" saga whom she wrote in her "uncaring" blog, criticising about Derek Wee's opinions and anxieties on reaching 40 yrs old, worrying abt whether he can still keep his job. The poor girl has been unfortunately slapped by people on her personal statement and being treated as arrogant RJCian, elitist.... and those "fans" of hers are posting her bikini pics, G-cuppers all over the internet.

Anyway back to the little's boy's dream abt becoming a successful illustrator. I once had the same "passions" that what he have now, but I worked hard. Yes, if you mentioned, doing free illustrations, comics etc. Time passed and on realising that those were not my strengths, I decided to focus on what I should head for a more satisfactory and beneficial term ie, earning myself a Degree. Passion, yes, it is a great feeling when you are young. But you still got to eat, you still got mouths to feed.

As the saying goes; Know what yr strengths are, dun talk abt yr passions, work on it!!! Last but not least, I wish the boy find his dream job soon.