Saturday, September 30, 2006

"Nihon jin desu ka?"

A cute japanese gal asked me this question in the EastPoint foodcourt yesterday. Her family was with her, she probably popped this question because I was having the same japanese set meal at the next table.

I shook my head and told her no.

She asked again in English, "Do you understand Japanese?"
"Yes, abit. Just now you asked me whether I am a Japanese rite?" Honestly, I was abit flattered.

She smiled and looked away, telling her daddy that I was not Japanese.

It seemed that Japanese thought all looked the same and most of the time they will mistake us as their nationality. The mainland chinese also could not really tell the differences of chinese from malaysia, chinese from china .. Taiwanese etc... And if you happen to use yr chinese name in workplace, they will think that you are from mainland China. It sounded rather insulting as most of the time, locals relate mainland china gals as "xiaolong nu", foreign workers or other negative acronyms. There goes the same to those "pei du ma ma". I really pitied them but yet, I do not really support the idea of them working in "sleazy" areas like "foot reflexology health care centres", which obviously are not meant to be.

To me, some China gals are hardworking, but appeared rather aggressive. Singaporean men like them because they are fairer, more feminine. What could the reasons be? Some were saying Singaporean women prefered ang mohs, or Singaporean men are just not good enough.


~~~~~~

Some random shoots over the weeks.



It is Children's Day tmr, happened to see this Children's Day carnival at the Expo.
Entrance's free.

Guys, pls dun do this... it is either you got big balls or you simply disregard yrself as a gentleman.



While on my way to NUS, I took this picture of the future NUS new town. We are supposed to visit this place for the school project.


Brother playing with XBOX, WorldCup all day. That's the game where you can never get tired of playing.







Finally, the IMF is over. What have we gained this time?