Monday, January 16, 2006

School has started. Life's back to normal.

Nabeh, the CORS system corked up because of some kiasu FT students who wanted to take the SS module, over-bidded.. ended up I had to appeal thru CORS. I'm not against FT students, but their selfish and kiasu attitude really pissed me off. They are also the noisest in class, which makes us lose concentration during lectures.

Can NUS do something?

Suddenly, I felt worried for my studies after calculating the no. of MCs remaining for my course. In average, I have to commit to at least 4 modules per semester. And to get Honours, the course must be completed within 4 yrs, 8 semesters. I've already completed the 1st. .... If FT students were to screw up the CORS and ended up that I failed to bid for that module.... what worse things can happen??

I overheard from a PT student that she successfully appealed for tuition grant from MOE and NUS. I thought PT students can't take tuition grant???? Hmm.... anyway, are there liabilities in taking up tuition grant? Is it the same as borrowing money from banks?

Afternote: I got the module, but that be another deduction of $900 from my bank account... what the hell... That's why we part-timers always managed to appeal successfully.