Thursday, July 14, 2005

Visit to Ma Lan La Mian Restaurant

Before sourcing for suitable tour agency for our incomg HK trip, Evonne suggesed that we should go for lunch. We happened to pass by Majestic Building (used to be a cinema) and saw this particular restaurant. Yep, I've seen the advert abt this Chinese La Mian Restaurant on TV.



The exterior reminds me of some fastfood outlets.



Image hosted by Photobucket.com
It is located at the 2nd Storey of Majestic Building (Near People's Park Centre)

As we stepped in, we noticed there was another lower level. It looked more like a canteen to me. Wasn't as well-furnished like the upper level. Anyway, hungry Evonne & Me finally settled down to order some food.

I ordered dry pork la mian as Evonne tried the cow belly one. Din managed to take a shoot of the food when served, bec too hungry.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The food-court looking seats. There is this couple busily choosing the food they want to order while the other table, 1 staff is eating the same bowl of noodles they ordered... are they having the same food everyday? I pity them. :(



Well, what I think of the noodles? :-X



To date, I've not tried peanut paste in my noodles before. Evonne's slightly better as hers looked more like traditional type, with no funny peanut paste.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Evonne smiling geekily, sipping the home-made sour plum drink. She says it has a strong herbal smell, but she finds it fine.



Then behind us.... a live band!!



Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Actually a Hungry-ghost festival Ge Tai show



I never know there is a KTV here... for special guests? One of the ladies looked like those performing for 7-mth Ge Tai one. Maybe I can do a performance here to earn some extra $$$ too?